Wilted Dogwood tree - Knowledgebase Question

Stephens City, Vi
Question by jdonovan2
After being on vacation for 8 days, I came home to a very wilted Dogwood tree. I started deep watering immediately. I checked it this morning and the leaves were still very curly/wilted so I poured three gallons of H2O. We're in a heat wave and just hit 101 degrees. What else should I do to save this red Dogwood? Thanks.

0

The wilted leaves may not recover from the drought so your tree is likely to look puny for several weeks. As long as the roots, stems and branches didn't die back, your dogwood should recover and develop healthy leaves. There's really not much more you can do. Water deeply twice a week during the heat spell and hope for the best. Wish there were something more you could do but the dogwood just needs time to recover. Hope it develops new leaves!

Today's site banner is by EscondidoCal and is called "Daylily & Lantana"