Roses not flowering much - Knowledgebase Question

Arlington, Vi
Question by edreaz
I planted a Proven Winners rose bush last month. It is putting out new shoots and leaves, but I have only 2-3 roses, and they are on the new shoots - nothing on the rest of the bush. Is this transplant fatigue or am I doing something wrong?

0

Transplant shock can slow the growth and production of flowers so I'm sure that's part of the problem. Roses develop flowers on new growth so when the flowers are spent you can prune them off along with some of the stem. Pruning the stem down to a 5-leaflet leaf will encourage new stem and flower growth so be sure to deadhead those spent roses. As your rose bush matures it will be capable of developing more and more flowers over the summer months. Enjoy your new rose bush.

Today's site banner is by ge1836 and is called "Blanket Flower Amber Wheels"