Gerber daisies not flowering - Knowledgebase Question

Arlington, Vi
Question by edreaz
I planted gerber daisies in May - so far have yet to see a single flower, although the leaves are bushy and healthy. I had a few buds at the beginning, but the squirrels got to them and now I don't get any more buds. Any ideas?

0

Gerbera daisies bloom all summer long but they rest after each flush of blooms to gather strenght for the next flush of blooms. Your plant would have opened the flowers that the squirrels got and the flowers would have remained open for a couple of weeks before dying off. The plant would have rested for a few weeks after that and then developed more flowers. So you are having to wait as long as though the flowers didn't get eaten by the squirrels. I think you'll see new flower buds developing soon. Just be patient with your gerberas.

Today's site banner is by ge1836 and is called "Gizmo the Gremlin"