Browning - Knowledgebase Question

Douglasville, Ge
Question by pastorgarmon
I fertilized with Scotts Turf Builder with built in weed control on June 15. I also applied lime. My yard was great, nice and green. Two weeks later, I saw some weeds so i decided to apply some Ortho Weed-B-Gone. Now my yard is browning and not as green and healthy. Do you know what happened and what is the solution to get my yard back green??

0

You applied weed killer twice. First with the Scott's product and then with the Ortho Weed B Gon. You may have overwhelmed your turf and it's showing its displeasure with the double dose. You'll need to give your lawn a chance to recover from the overabundance of chemicals so I'm afraid only time will fix the problem. It's important to following the label directions on each product you use and read the cautions and waiting periods between applications. I'm sure your lawn will recover, but it will take some time. Just water as usual and eventually your lawn will green up again.

Today's site banner is by EscondidoCal and is called "Daylily & Lantana"