Annuals - Knowledgebase Question

West Chester, Oh
Question by dillidi
Does it matter which annuals you mix in a pot? I am growing geraniums with sweet potatoe vine, calibrachoa(superbells) and licorice plant. My balibrachoa are all dying. Everything else is fine.
Thanks,
~Diane

0

Calibrachoa is more tender than the rest of your plants. I think the weather got to it and it is drying out because of the heat. The rest of your plants have sturdier stems and foliage which is why they are thriving. You can plant any combination of annuals in a single container as long as they all have the same growing requirements in terms of sun exposure and soil moisture. With the exception of the Calibrachoa, you've made wise choices. I'd either prune the Calibrachoa back to encourage healthy new growth, or I'd pull the plant out and remove it so it doesn't detract from your other beautiful plants. Best wishes with your container garden.

Today's site banner is by TsFlowers and is called "Brown Thrasher"