Lantana not blowing?? - Knowledgebase Question

Jacksonville, Fl
Question by pmoor1
I bought the yellow and red and yellow mix lantanas and put them in a tin pot with lots of drainage. They were flowing when I bought them and now have blue berries on them but no flowers. What happened?

0

Lantana blooms all summer but it rests between each flush of blooms. Birds like to eat the berries the flowers produce but when the plant uses up its energy to make berries (seeds) it won't flower for a while. I'd prune off the stem tips with the clusters of berries to encourage new growth. New flower buds will appear on the tips of the new growth. After the flowers fade, prune them off your plant. This will encourage new flowering growth a little sooner than if you allowed the flowers to develop seed pods. Enjoy your lantana.

Today's site banner is by rocklady and is called "Fringe Tree"