Powdery mildew how to prevent - Knowledgebase Question

ST. Albans, Ve
Question by ajbrcjb
Thnaks for letting me know that my squash plant has a fingal infection of powdery mildew but what I would like to know is how did this happen and could I have prevented this from happening Becky

0

Warm days and cool nights, along with poor air circulation and/or insufficient sunshine can make plants susceptible to powdery mildew. To try and avoid the problem, avoid overhead watering to help reduce the relative humidity, and make sure there's lots and lots of sunshine on your squash plants. When you first see the symptoms, remove and destroy all infected plant parts (leaves, etc.). You can selectively prune overcrowded plant material to help increase air circulation which will help reduce relative humidity and spread of the infection. Hope this answers all your questions.

Today's site banner is by ge1836 and is called "Blanket Flower Amber Wheels"