wisteria vine - Knowledgebase Question

Harris, Ne
Question by doright41
I live in Smallwood Sullivan Couny NY I have a wisteria vine that's about 25 years old. It has never flowered. It gets approx 8 hiurs of sun a day. I've started to cut the branches back to about a foot and half the last 9 years and still no flowers Why does it not flower and how do I get it to flower. I'm close to cutting it down and replacing it The vine comes back every year and grows great

0

Wisteria can often take as long as 7 years to establish and bloom but 25 years is an extraordinary time to wait! If you are truly frustrated, you can try "root pruning" by cutting deeply with a sharp spade on just one side of the vine. This may stress it and stimulate it to bloom. Alternatively, there is always patience. Maybe next year will be the year it blooms. Hope so!

Today's site banner is by Marilyn and is called "Mixed Coleus"