Potted roses - Knowledgebase Question

Parsippany, Ne
Question by donon
I have a potted National Parks Yellowstone Poulreb and it is doing very well. I would like to know whatcases some of mth leaves to have small wholes-I do not see any bugs. I need to know what to do with this rose during the winter months. Does it need to be taken inside ?
Thank You
Don

0

Small holes in the leaves are almost always due to insect feeding. If you're not finding insects it's possible they have fed on the leaves and then moved on, leaving the damage behind. You can pull or clip these damaged leaves off and your rose bush will develop new leaves. Since your rose is in a container it will need to be protected in the winter time or the roots will freeze solid. You can take the plant indoors in the early fall and grow it in a sunny windowsill or you can allow it to go into dormancy and store it in a garage or other place that remains cool but just barely above freezing. If the area is too warm the plant will begin to grow so somewhere between 35 and 40 degrees would be perfect. Good luck with your rose!

Today's site banner is by ge1836 and is called "Blanket Flower Amber Wheels"