Sugar Snap Peas - Knowledgebase Question

West Mifflin, Pe
Question by EmilyRNovak
I have 3 sugar snap pea plants in my garden (I started from seed indoors in May)and they are now about 6ft tall and producing some pods; however the bottoms are turning yellow and the pods are becoming less frequent. I'm not sure what this means or what to do about this situation.

0

Sugar snap peas grow and produce best when the weather is cool. When hot weather arrives they stop growing and stop production. It's normal for the lowest, oldest leaves to die out. As long as they are putting out new growth, flowering and setting peapod, they are healthy. If the weather cools down a bit they will continue to produce peas. If it gets and stays warm, the plants will die. You can replant in late August and have time for a harvest before the weather gets too cold. Enjoy!

Today's site banner is by rocklady and is called "Camellia bud"