Lawn dead spots appearing - Knowledgebase Question

Staten Island, Ne
Question by mlyledavis
Serious grub damage in years past. For a few years I have treated my lawn with Bayer 24-hour grub control in May/June at first sign of damage. I then use another Bayer product in early July to kill newly hatching grubs. I have new areas and spots with damage. I dug a square foot area with new dead spots but found no grubs. I suspect I am not watering enough. Can drought look like grub damage?

0

Symptoms of drought can look the same as symptoms of grubs, the only difference is that with drought, there will still be a root system. When grubs feed, they completely destroy the roots and the turf can be pulled up without resistance. Try grabbing the grass blades and pulling up on the turf. If it is still firmly attached to the ground, the problem is lack of water. If you can lift it up, it's most likely grub damage. Best wishes with your lawn.

Today's site banner is by Fleur569 and is called "Textures"