leaves on tomato plant are extremely curling upwards - Knowledgebase Question

Boise, Id
Question by mywhlsrhis
I already asked this question and didn't get the answer on what to do when the leaves are extremely curling upwards on my tomato plant. What is causing it and what do I do to fix it.

0

I'm sure our answer included descriptions of the most common causes of tomato leaf curl which are mostly genetic and/or weather/environmental in nature. There's nothing much you can do to control these problems. The environmental conditions will change as the summer progresses and your plants will outgrow this tendency to develop curled leaves. However, there is a virus called Tomato Leaf Curl that might be affecting your plants. The leaves of infected plants are small and curl upward; and show strong crumpling and interveinal and marginal yellowing. The internodes of infected plants become shortened and, together with the stunted growth, plants often take on a bushy appearance, which is sometimes referred to as "bonsai" or broccoli'-like growth. If this is what you are seeing you'll want to pull the affected plants. There's no cure and you certainly don't want the disease to spread. Hope this provides a little more insight into what the problem might be.

Today's site banner is by plantmanager and is called "Blue My Mind"