Yellow leaves on boxwood - Knowledgebase Question

Alexandria, Vi
Question by billand3m
I have 8 Green Beauty boxwood along my driveway. Four of them have yellow/light brown leaves toward the top of the plant. I water them all the same. Why the yellow leaves on some?

0

What you are seeing might be the symptoms of winter damage (it can take until now to show up) or it might indicate a water stress issue. Soggy soils can drive out oxygen which can compromise the health of the shrub. When roots are distressed the symptoms usually show up at the top of the tree or shrub and work their way down. Even though you have multiple plants, each has its own root system so that is probably why you are seeing symptoms on only a few of the plants. You might try pruning the affected ones back not only to remove the dead or dying leaves but also to encourage healthy new growth. If the roots are healthy, the plant will develop healthy new growth. If the roots are struggling you will see very little, if any, new growth. This will give you a clue as to the source of the browning.

Today's site banner is by bootandall and is called "Lilac"