impatiens problem - Knowledgebase Question

Staten Island, Ne
Question by lmiller298
Some of my impatiens seem stunted in growth. Others next to them are growing fine, but some have curled leaves and tight buds which do not open. They are green, with no brown or yellow leaves, get half day sun and watered in the mornings. They are planted in the ground in a garden soil with fertilizer in it and were planted in late May. They are mulched.
Have fertilized twice since planting.

0

Frankly, I'm stumped! Sounds like your plants are getting the best care possible and are growing in terrific soil. There's no reasonably explanation for their poor growth. About the only thing I'm aware of that can cause stunting is when plants are rootbound or otherwise stressed prior to planting in the garden. There's no way of knowing if this is what happened to your plants but now that they are under your good care they should snap out of it and begin behaving for you. I hope you see an improvement soon!

Today's site banner is by bootandall and is called "Lilac"