Rush invading my gardens - Knowledgebase Question

Tulsa, Ok
Question by merc_service
I bought a small Rush plant to put in my pond that I was building. I planted it in my flower bed while waiting to get the pond finished and it took hold and has spread rapidly and is taking over my entire flower bed and my rock walkway. I have sprayed Round-Up and other weed and plant killers on it and nothing seems to phase it. I have hand pulled all of it up as best I could 3 times.Any ideas?

0

Hand digging the roots plus the little nuts that develop on the roots can help control rush. The chemical imazapyr, which is found in the product Habitat, will effectively control rush but it may be difficult to find in most garden centers. You may want to talk with the weed control specialist at your local cooperative extension office for other suggestions and for a source of imazapyr. Contact Oklahoma State University Cooperative Extension, 700 North Greenwood Avenue,
Tulsa, OK 74106-0702 phone (918) 746-3700. Good luck with your eradication project.

Today's site banner is by Fleur569 and is called "From Bud to Bloom"