DWARF TANGERINE DANCY TREE - Knowledgebase Question

Tracy, Ca
Question by camom9123
I PLANTED A DWARF TANGERINE DANCY TREE 2 MONTHS AGO IN A BARREL OUTSIDE IN MY YARD. THE LEAVES HAVE BEGUN TO BROWN AND SHRIVEL UP AND FALL OFF THE TREE. PLEASE HELP? THE PLANT CODE IS THD82327. THANK YOU

0

While some leaf curl is normal on citrus trees, browning is not. Citrus trees like moist but not soggy wet soil and I think the browning is from too much water. Wind can dessicate leaves and so can reflected heat. Even overfertilization can cause these symptoms. If you have not fertilized and you can rule out drying winds and reflected heat, and if the browning is all over the tree, water stress is the most likely reason. It's important to water your tree regularly but then allow the top half inch to dry out before watering again. You can check the soil moisture between waterings by sticking your finger down into the soil. If it is still moist an inch below the surface it won't need to be watered for a few more days; if it is barely damp, it's time to water. If the roots are not too far gone, adjusting your watering schedule should help it recover. Best wishes with your tangerine tree.

Today's site banner is by ge1836 and is called "Gizmo the Gremlin"