blueberry bushes - Knowledgebase Question

Charlotte, No
Question by aseifer
I planted 6 blueberry bushes and on most of them, the leaves have reddish brown spots or areas on them. not sure if thats normal or not. other than that they seem to be doing alright. Please advise. Thanks.

0

What you describe sounds like blueberry leaf rust. Classic symptoms of this dieasear are reddish brown spots which appear on the leaves by mid-season; affected leaves turn yellow and will drop prematurely. You can use a fungicide on your blueberries to stop the spread of the disease. I'd be inclined to prune away the affected leaves and stems and then use a fungicide. Try not to water the foliage when you water your plants and you'll avoid future outbreaks of fungal diseases. Good luck with your blueberries.

Today's site banner is by Fleur569 and is called "From Bud to Bloom"