Lost 'care' instructions! - Knowledgebase Question

Chicago, Il
Question by megs9
I lost the care instructions for one of the plants I bought, so I don't even know what kind of plant it is, to look up what to do for it!

The tips of the leaves started turning brown, so I gave less water. That seems to hold the browning at bay, but now some leaves are turning yellow... help!!

0

It really would help to know what kind of plant it is! However, browning leaf tips on plants usually indicate overly dry indoor air or drafts from a heater or air conditioner. Browning leaves can also be the result of fertilizer burn. You can trim off the brown leaf tips to make the plant look more attractive. Yellowing leaves can indicate overly wet soils and/or lack of sufficient light. Without knowing what plant you are growing I don't know whether it is getting too much or too little light; needs dry or moist soil, etc., but I can suggest you increase the humdity by setting the plant on a plastic saucer in which you've placed a layer of gravel and in which you keep about a half inch of water. As the water evaporates it will increase the humidity around your plant. Hope this helps!

Today's site banner is by rocklady and is called "NOID Daylily"