PEST CONTROL - Knowledgebase Question

Boring, Or
Question by multico54
I sent a question over a week ago and have not received any reply. My concern is how do I rid my garden and flower bed of chipmonks? They are destroying so much and if seems everything I try does not work. Suggestions please!
Thank yiu

0

Sorry for the delayed response. Sometimes our replies are blocked by email programs and don't make it into your inbox. Hope this one makes it! Some gardeners find that natural predators along with a resident pet cat serve a sufficient deterrent to chipmunks, while others resort to trapping them. Have you tried flashing deterrents, such as pie tins on string, or bird scare tape? You have to keep moving it around, or they'll get used to it. Owl statues sometimes help, but again, you need move it, too. Other options include mesh fencing, spraying plants with hot pepper wax (found in many garden centers), surrounding your garden with a slippery, angled sheet of plastic or other surface, so they can't climb, etc. I hope one or a combination of these ideas works for you! Here are some addional details about controlling nuisance chipmunks. http://muextension.missouri.ed...

Best of luck!

Today's site banner is by ge1836 and is called "Blanket Flower Amber Wheels"