lawn repair - Knowledgebase Question

melbourne, Fl
Question by zina_39120
I recently was told I have chinch bugs. I treated the yard for chinch bugs with a slow release pellet. I lost a section of the yard; around 300 square feet .I replaced the section with sod. After treating with the slow release chinch bug pellets will it hurt the lawn to apply some fertilizer? What type of fertilizer should be used for his time of the year? What type will not burn the lawn and the

0

It's best not to feed your St. Augustine during July or August, the hottest months of the year. Even Turfbuilder with Summergard can burn your turfgrass if you're not careful with the application. I'd wait until September and apply a winterizer type of fertilizer to avoid the possibility of burning your grass. If it needs a little help greening up now you can use Ironite or Milorganite as directed on the package. Best wishes with your lawn.

Today's site banner is by EscondidoCal and is called "Geranium maderense"