Grubs in lawn - Knowledgebase Question

Gainesville, Fl
Question by ilike2mow
I have a big grub problem in my lawn. I have put the spray triazicide on the lawn and spread grub poison pellets. But none of those products worked. Do you have any ideas on removing grubs?

Thank you.

0

If you've tried grub control products and they have not worked, you may be applying them at the wrong time of the year. Grubs remain deep down in the soil until early August. At that time they come up to feed on the roots of your lawn and that's when they are most susceptible to grub control products. If you apply the grub control while the grubs are deep down into the soil, it simply won't work. There are some time release products such as Bayer Advanced Grub Control and Grubex, they are still most effective if you apply them in August. So, wait a few weeks and use your grub control product again. I'm sure you'll see the grub population diminish.

Today's site banner is by rocklady and is called "African Violet"