Dying Alberta Spruce - Knowledgebase Question

Aberdeen, Ma
Question by lringley
I have a dwarf alberta spruce that I planted in 2007 and it was doing great. For some reason this month it has started to die. Do you know what the problem could be?

0

You didn't provide much information about your spruce so I'm not exactly sure what the problem might be. Browning foliage could indicate a population of spidermites or other insects or it might indicate water stress. Carefully inspect your spruces for insects. Spidermites are tiny and hard to detect but they leave webbing between the needles and the branches. Spots on the needles indicate a fungal disease such as needle cast. Poorly draining soils can cause browning needles, as well. Hope you can determine and treat the problem before you lose your spruce!

Today's site banner is by Marilyn and is called "Purple Crocus in March"