Pecan Trees - Knowledgebase Question

Cleveland, Te
Question by sweetheart54
My pecan tree leaves have very large hard bumps on them,kind of like a mole on your face.Could you tell me what i can do for this problem.Thank You, Jewel

0

I can't tell from your description if the bumps are on the bark or on the leaves. On the leaves, it's a simple gall and it's not harmful to your trees; on the bark can indicate cankers from injury or disease. Hypoxylon canker of pecan is caused by a fungus (Hypoxylon atropunctatum). A fungicide spray program started in the spring can help your tree avoid these outbreaks. I'd strongly recommend you contact your local cooperative extension office for a spray schedule to help protect your pecan tree. Contact Liberty County Cooperative extension, 2103 Cos Street, Liberty, TX 77575-4905 Phone (936) 336-4558. Good luck with your tree.

Today's site banner is by ge1836 and is called "Blanket Flower Amber Wheels"