Racoons - Knowledgebase Question

Plainview, Ne
Question by cvlanis1
You have helped me so many times - any suggestions on racoons creating divits all over my beautiful lawn?????

0

Glad we've been helpful in the past. We'll try to keep up the standard by helping you now. Unfortunately you've given us a difficult task! Raccoons are digging in your yard in search of fat, juicy grubs or crunchy beetles. Once they find one or two they'll come back again and again. I've had raccoons actually peel up the turf and roll it into a nice neat package in their search for ground dwelling insects. When they do this it's easy to unroll the sod, tamp it down and water it in. It usually shows no ill effects. But with holes in the turf, you're likely to have damaged roots and even if you replace the divots, they may not thrive. I think the best approach is to use a grub control product to reduce the number of grubs the raccoons might find under the turf. You can use Bayer Advanced Season Long Grub Control, or Grubex, or just about any other brand. Apply according to label directions. This won't immediately stop the digging but it should slow and eventually stop when the raccoons determine there's no buried treasure under your lawn. Good luck in your quest to deter those raccoons!

Today's site banner is by rocklady and is called "Fringe Tree"