TREES - Knowledgebase Question

MURRIETA, CA
Question by sfuentes
PURCHASED A PURPLE ROBE LOCUST AND AN PURPLE ORCHID TREE, BEAUTIFUL TREE BUT IT SEEMS TO BE A CATEGORY 1 SPECIES INVADING NATIVE TREES PLEASE TELL ME SHOULD I RETURN THEN I HAVE SEVERAL TREES INCLUDING SEQUIA TREES, CITRIC, AVOCADO I ALSO WORRY ABOUT THE BORER .

0

I don't think I'd return the trees for something else. When a tree is categorized as invasive, it's generally because it readily spreads by seeds or because the roots send up suckers. Unattended, these saplings or suckers can overtake an area. Since these trees will be in your yard, I don't think you have to worry about them overtaking the landscape. If you find a seedling growing or a sucker emerging all you need to do is pull it out of the ground to control the spread of the tree. Hope this information helps!

Today's site banner is by Fleur569 and is called "From Bud to Bloom"