gardening - Knowledgebase Question

bensalem, Pe
Question by gal_001
My zuccinni has yielded some crops but now the plant seems like it's just laying limp on the soil. Is there something i can do? Also how long will tomatoes give a crop? Is there anything else I can plant at tis time of the season? Thanks.

0

Summer squash such as your zucchini sometimes stop producing flowers when the weather gets hot. It will flower and set more fruits when it's ready and there's nothing you can do to hurry things up. As long as you are watering regularly, the plant will be fine. If it begins to wilt, you might want to check for squash vine borers. These insects bore holes into the vines which causes them to wilt and die. Look for sawdust like particle beneath the vine where it emerges from the ground. If you find it, remove the plant from the ground. Tomato plants will grow and produce until they are killed back by frost. It's a little to hot to grow much more than radishes right now. In late August you can plant seeds of cool season crops such as leaf lettuces, cabbage, broccoli, etc. and you'll still have time for a harvest before the weather gets too cold. Enjoy your garden!

Today's site banner is by rocklady and is called "Camellia bud"