Fungicide & sevin - Residual? - Knowledgebase Question

Conyers, Ge
Question by jimbo45941
I usually get a fungus on my tomato plants & have better luck with them by applying a fungicide beginning in June. I apply once a week, per label instructions. If it rains between applications, should I re-apply after it rains - does it have a residual? Same question for liquid sevin - is it a contact killer or does it have a residual affect for a period of time after applying?

0

Applying a fungicide according to label directions, regardless of rainfall is fine. The product will soak into the tissues of the leaves when it is first sprayed and it should protect the plant for 7-10 days. Liquid Sevin does have some residual effect so I wouldn't reapply it more frequently than is recommended on the label. Good luck with your garden!

Today's site banner is by plantmanager and is called "Blue My Mind"