Plant ID via photo? - Knowledgebase Question

Chicago, Il
Question by megs9
I lost the care instructions for some plants - I don't even know what they're called, so can't look up online what I'm doing wrong and how to fix them.

I have posted photos of 3 different plants here on Photobucket (http://s647.photobucket.com/al... please have a look and let me know if you can identify the plants for me &what I can do.Click on each photo for details

0

I looked at the photos and the first plant appears to be Aglaonema cripspum. It likes warm, moist, shady surroundings and does not do well in bright light. I think yours is getting too much light so I'd move it to a different spot, away from the window.

The second plant is Dracaena fragrans. It grows large leaves from a woody cane, resembling a corn plant and is commonly called a corn plant. It is a popular version of D. massangeana, with bright yellow stripes down the middle of its leaves. These are low to moderate light plants and it's best to allow the soil to dry out slightly between waterings.

The purple flowering plant is Ageratum, an annual plant for full sun. The browning flower clusters can be snipped off the plant so you can enjoy the rest of the flower clusters.

Thanks for the photos!

Today's site banner is by Marilyn and is called "Mixed Coleus"