trouble with weeds - Knowledgebase Question

Saint John, In
Question by cpopiela
I have a problem with purslane in my garden. It comes up every year and spreads everywhere. I have to pull it out and then apply Preen. Is there anything I can do to get rid of it forever.
(besides eating it)

0

Preen is a pre emergent herbicide which will keep weed seeds from growing but it won't affect weeds that have already sprouted. If your get purslane popping up every year, you need to apply your pre emergent earlier in the season and when you pull the weeds, you need to get out all of the roots. If you just pull the tops of the weeds the roots can remain quite happy beneath the soil and will resprout. So, complete eradication will come from digging/pulling the roots out and applying a pre emergent herbicide before weeds begin to sprout in the late winter/early spring. Good luck with your project!

Today's site banner is by rocklady and is called "Camellia bud"