shell ginger - Knowledgebase Question

tarpon springs, Fl
Question by prired77
should I be trimming back the older, browning leaveson my shell ginger, also what causes yellowing on the bottom leaves of a newly planted oleander thank you

0

You can prune away the dead and dying leaves on your ginger plant to keep it looking neat and tidy. Oleanders are broadleaf evergreens and as such, retain their leaves for 2-3 years. Eventually the leaves age, turn yellow and drop off the plant. Pruning your oleander back periodically will encourage new growth and keep it looking nice and green. If you don't prune, the plant will become leggy with bare lower stems. The yellowing leaves can simply be the shedding of older leaves or might indicate overly wet soils. Be careful not to overwater your oleander and it should remain healthy.

Today's site banner is by rocklady and is called "Fringe Tree"