Problems with my thyme, oregeno and tarragon. - Knowledgebase Question

burlington, No
Question by wallaceandi
I have thyme, oregeno and tarragon in a very very large pot. I have had to buy the oregeno and thyme about 3 or 4 times because they start to get dark spots and then it starts to kill off the plant and as soon as the oregeno gets it so does the thyme. The tarragon just doesnt seem to be flourishing at all.I have it in a very sunny window and make sure that I dont over water the herbs.Whats wrong?

0

Your plants need about 8 hours of direct sunshine in order to thrive and they like to be watered regularly but the soil needs to dry out between waterings. When plants are overcrowded and the air circulation is poor, they are prone to diseases. You might try growing each in an individual pot until you get a feel for how much water they need. Use a fast draining potting soil and/or cactus mix for your plants. If you use cactus mix you'll be assured the soil drains quickly. If you use regular potting soil, water as usual and then pick up the pot so you can feel how heavy it is. Pick the pot up each day. When it feels light, it's time to water. I think once you've adjusted your watering schedule your plants will thrive. Good luck with your herbs.

Today's site banner is by Fleur569 and is called "From Bud to Bloom"