iris bulb care - Knowledgebase Question

upper marlboro, Ma
Question by cheryl506
I have iris plants that bloom every spring for 2 weeks. should I cut off the stalk after blooming? What else can I plant near them that would bloom all summer long? THANKS

0

I'm afraid that most irises bloom only once, in the spring. With that said, there are some bearded irises that produce a second flush of bloom, usually in the late summer or early fall. But there are no guarantees. Reblooming is often dependent on geographic location, climatic conditions and cultural practices. If you want to try planting reblooming irises, look for Autumn Circus, Autumn Jester, Again and Again, Bountiful Harvest and Corn Harvest, among others. When your iris flowers are spent you can prune off the flowering stem but be sure to leave the foliage alone until it dies down on its own. Enjoy your garden!

Today's site banner is by rocklady and is called "Camellia bud"