Alaska greenhouse Early Girl tomatoes - Knowledgebase Question

Willow, Al
Question by wardseekins
tomato plant was growing fine--even has small fruit & numerous flowers, then 1 day leaves started drooping. Few days later, leaves curled & brown spots occurred. Then it started dripping fluid (water?) from the leaves? Any ideas?

0

I can't really tell without inspecting the plants but I suspect you are dealing with a fungal disease. My guess is Septoria or Botrytis. Humdity levels in greenhouses can encourage these types of fungal diseases, as can poor air circulation. I'm not sure the dripping fluid is related to the disease. Plants can go through a process called guttation where the water uptake is greater than the plants need and the excess water is released through the natural openings in the leaves. Hope this sheds a little light on the problem.

Today's site banner is by Fleur569 and is called "From Bud to Bloom"