Fungus? - Knowledgebase Question

Katy, Te
Question by culbycat1
In spring we re-planted the flower bed with Bottle Brush, Plumbago, Day Lillies, Blue Daze, Loroprtulum, Coreopsis, Bi-Color Iris and Nandinas.
The Iris started showing yellow spotting a few weeks ago and now there is almost like a yellow powder on all the iris plants. I have been taking off the bad leaves and started spraying with Ortho Eco-Sense 3 in 1. Is this the correct procedure?

0

What you describe does sound like iris rust and your Ecosense contains sulfur which should stop the spread of the fungal disease. It needs to be applied every 7-10 days so be sure to follow label directions. If the leaves are totally involved in the disease you may simply want to prune them off the plants and then spray the crowns of the irises with your Ecosense. I hope this takes care of the problem for you.

Today's site banner is by Marilyn and is called "Purple Crocus in March"