Planting Blueberries - Knowledgebase Question

Aston, Pe
Question by ctaylor34jr
I purchased blueberry plants in each of the past two years. The plants are growing, however, I have yet to see any sign of a blueberry. I have tried using the acid tablets in the soil in the very early spring. I have purchased another two blueberry plants at Home Depot this year, but have yet to plant them. What is the best way to plant a blueberry plant? Can you give me any suggestions?

0

Blueberry plants may not produce fruit for 3-4 years after planting so I think you'll get some flowers and fruit next year from your older plants. Blueberries thrive in full sunshine and need rich, well draining, acidic soils in order to thrive. If you haven't had your soil tested, you might want to do that so you know the soil's pH. Blueberries grow best in pH range that's between 4.5 to about 5.5.

Start by digging in lots of peat moss and compost or other organic matter into the planting bed. Level the bed and then dig holes for the plants, making sure that they will be sitting at the same soil level as they were growing in the nursery containers. Be sure to water them in well after planting.

Enjoy your blueberries!

Today's site banner is by Fleur569 and is called "From Bud to Bloom"