Watering Lawn - Knowledgebase Question

Phoenix, Ar
Question by dianamichael
I recently wrote you about how many times a week to water my bermuda grass. You stated I was watering it too frequently. You said to water it 3X a week for 30 minutes each watering. Can I break it down to 6X, 15 minutes each time? The water will run-off if I extend it to 30 mins. Should I add something to the soil to allow for better water absorption?

0

You're absolutely right - if the water runs off after 15 minutes, turn the water off and allow the moisture to soak into the soil. After 15 to 30 minutes, turn the water on again for another 15 minutes. The reasoning behind this method is that you really want to water deeply so the roots move deeply down into the soil and will be less susceptible to summer drought. Best wishes with your lawn.

Today's site banner is by rocklady and is called "Camellia bud"