4ft Braided Money Tree drying branch - Knowledgebase Question

Orlando, Fl
Question by edenminsel
Bought it last week, repotted and watered it once. Put it in front of the house facing west and it gets afternoon sun. Today I noticed one of the branches at the top dried out and turned blackish yellow at least 4 inches long. Checked the lower part close to the root and they still look good. Can I cut the top dried portion without doing more harm to the rest of the plant?

0

Blackish yellow isn't a good sign. I don't know if the top has developed a fungal disease or just what might be going on. I'd prune it off to remove it from the plant and to keep it from spreading. It might be a good idea to take the plant part into your local Master Gardener Clinic or cooperative extension office for positive diagnosis. Contact the extension office at 6021 South Conway Road, Orlando, FL. The phone number is 407-254-9200. Good luck with your money tree.

Today's site banner is by plantmanager and is called "Blue My Mind"