Eastern Redbud & watering - Knowledgebase Question

Cameron Park, Ca
Question by beckywhitmer
I live near Sacramento, CA, and just planted an Eastern Redbud. The ground has excellent drainage and the site gets full sun. It's been in the upper 90s since I planted it last week. How much/often should I water it now and in the future?

0

Since it is newly installed, I'd water it twice a week for the next 2-3 weeks and then taper off to watering deeply once each week. Build a water well or basin beneath your redbud, fill with water, allow to drain, then fill a second time. Do this twice a week until the second week of August; once a week after that. Watering in this way will concentrate the water directly over the root system and allow it to trickle down and wet the entire root mass. Best wishes with your new redbud!

Today's site banner is by bootandall and is called "Lilac"