Leggy plants - Knowledgebase Question

Casa Grande, Ar
Question by patricia1026
What can I do to help my plants not appear to be so leggy?

0

Plants can get leggy if they are reaching for the light so make sure yours are getting the sunshine they crave. You can keep plants full and bushy with regular pinching and deadheading. When deadheading take off the entire spent flower plus some of the stem. Wherever you cut or pinch, the plant will develop two new flowering stems. Start pinching when the plants are young and they will be twice as full and develop twice as many flowers. They get leggy when the stems are allowed to develop on their own without being pinched. You don't have to wait for a flower to develop on a stem before pinching. Just pinch out the very tip of a growing stem to promote the development of two new stems. Hope this information is helpful!

Today's site banner is by EscondidoCal and is called "Daylily & Lantana"