Rose of Sharon yellow leaves - Knowledgebase Question

Altamont, Mi
Question by asch58
I planted three 18

0

It may be that the leaves are simply aging and being shed, especially if they are scattered throughout the plant or are the lowest leaves on the stems. If the newest leaves on your Rose of Sharon are yellowing, it could indicate overwatering or a need for nitrogen fertilizer. Clay soils can retain lots of water, even when the top of the soil looks dry. You might want to probe around the root area to make sure it isn't soggy wet. I use a metal rod (rebar, actually) to poke the soil around my plants. The rod or wooden stake will easily penetrate moist soils but will show some resistance when you reach dry soil. Try checking the soil moisture near your plant. If the soil is moist down at the root level, wait a few days and check again. As the soil dries out and you feel resistance when you push in the rod, it's time to water. Hope this information is helpful.

Today's site banner is by Fleur569 and is called "From Bud to Bloom"