SHRUBS AND LAWN - Knowledgebase Question

Chicago, Il
Question by avn716
Thank you for recommending Bonide Multi-Purpose Insect Control Soap(concentrate) for my shrubs. Home Depot does not have it and I wish they did.Therefore,I had to order it on line. What kind of organic
fertilizer can I use on my lawn? Also,I need an organic weed killer. What are your suggestions? Thanks for the help.

0

Home Depot carries several brands of pre-packaged organic fertilizer blends as well as bags of compost and steer manure. Any of these are eco-friendly, organic, and good for the soil. Take a tour of the garden center and I'm sure you'll find everything you need for a healthy lawn and garden. You can spread a half inch of compost over the lawn or a half inch of aged manure to feed your lawn. Or, if you want a combination product, one that is great for lawns is Espoma Organic Lawn Fertilizer. It's in my local Home Depot so it should be avaiable in yours, as well. Or there's a liquid product called Mega Green that's organic.

Vinegar is an organic weed killer but it will kill anything it touches so use it with care. You might also try EcoSmart Grass and Weed Killer.

As I said before, there are lots and lots of options, just cruise through your local garden center and I'm sure you'll find what you're looking for. Best wishes with your landscape.

Today's site banner is by Marilyn and is called "Mixed Coleus"