pests eating my plants! - Knowledgebase Question

verona, Ne
Question by weslito2
I had some nice hosta leaves as well as nice tomatoes and peppers growing. Some animal ate them and left some large black pellet-sized droppings as well.
What is eating my stuff and how can I keep them away? Our area has rabbits chipmunks badgers and occassionally deer. Even more rare are turkey.

0

I don't know which animal might be feeding on your plants but whatever it is, a physical barrier is probably the only way to keep your plants safe. You can make cylinders out of chicken wire to place over your plants (be sure to seal the top, too) or you might make square or rectangular frames and cover the boxes with bird netting. You can set the protective barriers over your plants and then easily remove them when you need to harvest or prune. Laying crumpled chicken wire around the plants might also deter the critters. They don't like walking on the chicken wire in fear that they'll get their legs caught. Hope these deterrents work well!

Today's site banner is by plantmanager and is called "Blue My Mind"