Corn - Knowledgebase Question

Redmond, Wa
Question by sheetalkamat
I have potted a corn plant and its grown quite big. Should i be repotting it? Would it need fertiliser? Its in a new potting soil Miracle-Gro moist control.

0

Now that you have repotted your corn plant (dracaena) you won't need to repot it for several years. Although the tops of these plants grow large, the root system is quite small in comparison so repotting won't be necessary for 3-4 years. Moisture control potting soil is just fine for your corn plant. Water when the top of the soil is dry but before it shrinks away from the edges of the container. I just stick my finger into the potting soil before watering. If it is still moist an inch below the surface you won't need to water for a few days. If it feels dry, it's time to water. You can feed your corn plant with a half strength dilution of a houseplant food such as Miracle Gro or Peter's. Enjoy your new plant.

Today's site banner is by Fleur569 and is called "From Bud to Bloom"