Russian sage - Knowledgebase Question

BOSTON, Ma
Question by drlynda6
I noticed my Russian sage drrops to the ground, yet others I see grow straight up all by themselves. Can you help me get my plant to grow up right. I am afraid when my lawn is mowed that it will get cut.

0

Russian sage will droop if it gets too much water and/or the soil doesn't drain well. If yours is planted near a lawn that is regularly watered, it may be drooping because of the frequent irrigation. You may want to consider moving it this fall to a drier location. About the only other reason for the stems to droop is that they are young and still pliable. The weight of the leaves can hold them down, as can overhead watering or rainfall. In this case, try staking them up until the stems mature and become rigid enough to hold themselves up. Hope this covers all the bases!

Today's site banner is by rocklady and is called "African Violet"