tomatoe plant (brandy) - Knowledgebase Question

Albuquerque, Ne
Question by cillalane
The leaves at the bottom of plant are drying? It get plenty of water and I feed with miracle grow.

0

Yellowing leaves on tomato plants is quite common and can be caused by a variety of things, including transplant shock, over or under-watering and lack of nitrogen. Tomato plants will often shed the lowest, oldest leaves as the plant grows. You can simply pull or clip these leaves off. In general, tomatoes like rich, moist soil that has plenty of organic matter and drains well. Tomatoes are moisture sensitive and need a regular supply of water to thrive and produce fruit. How often to water depends on your particular soils characteristics. You want to keep it uniformly moist, but not soaking wet, to a depth of 12-18 inches. I hope this information helps with your tomatoes!

Today's site banner is by rocklady and is called "NOID Daylily"