Rabbits living in my flower bed... - Knowledgebase Question

Neenah, Wi
Question by sharon2gregg
I have a large rabbit and 3-4 baby rabbits living in the center of my flower bed. I cannot walk very much in it because it so full with flowers. They are chewing down my lilys...how do I catch them and get them out of their beautiful flower home? They are not scared from the mower any more....that is how we knew we had them when 2 came out running in the yard and right back to the flower bed.

0

Yours is a difficult situation! The general advice is to simply tolerate them for a few more weeks. The young rabbits will abandon the nest in a few weeks and strike out on their own. The mother may leave on her own, too, but if she persists and stays in your yard you'll need to employ some scare tactics to get her to move on. (It's illegal in WI to relocate a rabbit or her nest.) There are chemical deterrents you can use (Liquid Fence, Ropel, Deer Away) and they may offer some help. Noise, water from the hose, a pet dog or cat or other commotion in or near the garden can also help to scare her away. Wish I had more solutions for you!

Today's site banner is by ge1836 and is called "Blanket Flower Amber Wheels"