Yellowing of leaves - Knowledgebase Question

Baltimore, Ma
Question by mothraeve
I planted some beautiful cone flowers in my garden and all the leaves are fading to yellow. I can't tell if it is from a lack of nitrogen or iron. I have not tested the soil and was hoping I could fix it without testing. I have very heavy clay soil so I know they are not getting either too well. They are in the full sun and get adequate water. Any suggestions?

0

Too much water and poorly draining clay soils can suffocate the roots and cause the leaves to yellow and die. If you're sure you're not overwatering and that the soil has a chance to dry out slightly between waterings, your plant may need a dose of fertilizer if the leaves are yellow all over, or a dose of Ironite if the leaves are yellow but the veins of the leaves are bright green. Best wishes with your plants.

Today's site banner is by TsFlowers and is called "Brown Thrasher"