Dying Chamisa - Knowledgebase Question

Rio Rancho, Ne
Question by boxcarduane
A seven year old Chamisa has rapidly started dying. There are no pests evident on the plant and I have treated the soil with Triazicide without results. Are Chamisas subject to something I should try to correct? The plant depends on natural rain fall, of which we have had little this year.

Thanks, Duane

0

Your Chamisa (rabbitbrush) should not need to be watered regualarly; they will be happy with natural rainfall. Triazicide is a broadspectrum insecticide so unless you actually see insect pests, I'm not sure an application is warranted. To my knowledge Chamisa is not bothered by any particular diseases so I'm not sure why yours is dying. You may need to dig down into the root area to see if something underground has been munching on the roots. Wish I had a solution to offer. Sorry about your plant!

Today's site banner is by rocklady and is called "Camellia bud"