pesticides - Knowledgebase Question

Cleveland, Oh
Question by domichuck
My turnips and collard greens are being eaten up like crazy and I have not been able to find the culprit Ive been using Sevin dust on them but as soon as the rain washes it off they get eaten up again I dont want to keep using this on my veggies is there anything you can recommend my other veggies arent being eaten should I just put Sevin on the ones that are being eaten or on all of them.

0

If the leaves are being eaten you may be dealing with caterpillars. Look for black droppings on the soil beneath the leaves. If you find any, caterpillars are the culprits and you can control them with a product like Dipel or Thuricide. Sevin is a broad spectrum insecticide but sometimes won't control caterpillars unless you actually spray or dust the creatures. I'd try Dipel and see if that doesn't provide better control. Hope so!

Today's site banner is by rocklady and is called "NOID Daylily"