HELP PLEASE! - Knowledgebase Question

Buda, Te
Question by damontljones
Hello, My lawn is a dirty gold or yellow color and does not seem to be responding to fertilizer. I have patches of green in some areas but the fertilizer seems to be killing the grass in those areas. What should I do to bring my whole lawn back to good health?

0

There's no easy answer to reviving your lawn. It could be that it has an excessive thatch build up, or the soil has become compacted and needs aerating, or there's a fungal disease, a population of chinch bugs or grubs, or that you have a combination of cool and warm season grasses and the cool season grasses have gone dormant in the heat. Because there are so many variables, it might be best to cut out a sample of the lawn, including the roots and take it to your local cooperative extension for diagnosis. Helpful folks there can suggest care and control strategies to get your lawn back to its healthy green appearance. I'm not sure which is your closest extension office. There's one in San Marcos and one in Austin. Here are the addresses: Texas A & M Extension, 1253 Civic Center Loop, San Marcos - (512) 393-2120 and Texas A & M Extension, 1600 Smith Road, Austin - (512) 854-9600
Best wishes with your lawn.

Today's site banner is by rocklady and is called "African Violet"